Online socializing can be fun and we hope you meet some very interesting, like-minded people. TalkToShare® requires an open,, non-anonymous format, where members must disclose their full name to the website on registration, but only their first names and initial of last names are indicated to other members. While we use techniques to ensure that only people legitimately and genuinely interested in our platform become members, we do not conduct background checks of any type on any person. Given human nature, there may be some someone, or a group of people, or a competitor company, that is acting deceptively on our website and is not genuinely interested in meaningful conversations.
In all probability, though, you will be speaking with trusted members when you engage in actual conversations.
However, you must be responsible for your own use of the website. Safely first! Here are suggestions that we strongly suggest that you review and adopt.
Always trust your instincts
- If at any point you feel unsafe or uncomfortable, stop communicating with the other person.
- When communicating, watch for odd behavior or inconsistencies in their profile or conversation or actions. The person at the other end may not be who or what he or she says they are.
- If in doubt – report the individual to us and we will investigate the matter.
- Watch out for anyone who seems too good to be true.
- Communicate only with people you instinctively feel are safe to speak with.
Do not provide personal information to others
- Never give out your full name, home address, telephone number or any other sensitive personal information that you do not want other people to know. We only require first names and initial of last name to appear on members’ public profiles.
- Never share your personal financial information.
- Even with just your home phone number, another person can easily gain access to your specific location.
- Our website works on a web mail and chat system where none of your online personal information is made available to other members. Make sure you send and receive emails from other members via our onsite webmail system.
- Only TalkToShare® willsend you notifications and other information directly to your email address that you provide.
Be cautious of scammers
Example of scammers:
- Never let your guard down. Some people take advantage of others by befriending people and trying to scam them.
- These scams range from illegal advertisements, to redirection to other websites where you have to pay, to asking for credit card details or money.
- A person claims to have been in an accident and needs money for medical bills.
- A service person on active military duty looking for money.
- A business that may be trying to divert you from our site to competitor sites.
- Be cautious of members whose profiles state they are from one country but the person tells you they are from another.
- Sometimes scammers will describe herself as "god fearing, real, honest, sincere, loving, and genuine". If you believe the person contacting you fits these descriptions and looks too good to be true, ignore them. Report such members right away using the Abuse form.
- Save copies of your online conversations as these can be used to prove someone has been breaching the rules of our website. Violators will be removed and disbarred from the website.
Use audio/video technology, if possible
- Use the video tool to validate the person by comparing the person’s photo to the video image.
- Use video and audio to communicate if both parties can agree. You can see and hear the person on the other end of the line. Plus, it provides a more personal touch.
- Use the audio/phone feature only to have conversations with users without giving out your own phone number.
Do not meet other members outside of the relationship provided by this website
We do our best to provide a safe conversation environment for you and your online relationships. We do not encourage physical meet ups unless they are organized by TalkToShare®.
If you choose to meet up, or talk to someone out with the safety of our website, you would be in violation of our Terms and we are not responsible for any consequences!